Ever since August 20, 2019, the tech giant Apple has launched its own credit card known as the Apple Card. While the release certainly isn’t revolutionary compared to traditional credit cards and other sources of purchase, there are certainly a few perks and differences that you would want to know if you are considering buying one.
How to Qualify for an Apple Card
- In order to get an Apple Card, you have to be 18 years old and be a US citizen with a US residential address.
- You also need an iPhone running iOS 12.4 or later in order to use the Apple Card with your iPhone or else it’s not available. Two-factor authentication must also be on, and you also have to be signed into iCloud on your iPhone with your Apple ID.
How can I get an Apple Card?
- Applying and getting an Apple card is a simple process compared to setting up other credit cards, as most of the information that you need is pulled from your Apple ID. This means that setting up an Apple Card can just take up to a couple of minutes.
- You can apply for an apple card with this link (https://card.apple.com/apply/start) . Information required includes first and last name, phone number, home address, data of birth, country of citizenship, your annual income, and the last four digits of your Social Security number (like previously stated you can use your Apple ID to fill in most of the information for a quick and simple process).
- Once you have signed up for an Apple Card, it will immediately be available for use for digital purchase.
- If you are interested in getting a tangible version of your card, Apple can also ship out a physical Apple card (made out of titanium) that can be used just like a traditional credit card.
Advantages of Using an Apple Card
- The physical card that comes when you register for an Apple card is made out of Titanium, a very durable material. You can expect it to last for a very long time compared to other cheaper quality physical cards.
- The Apple Card is tied to Apple’s ecosystem, so if you have an Apple device, it can be super convenient pairing and using the card with that device. However, this feature can also be a double edged sword, as if you have a non-Apple device you might have to take extra steps and measures to do similar things found on Apple Devices. You might also not get the full features supplied by Apple Devices.
- Another benefit that comes with the card is how easy it is to manage as well as view your transactions. When you open the Wallet app on your iPhone, it displays a visual representation of how you’re spending money with your Apple Card. This can be extremely helpful in managing your payments and realizing how much money you are spending where.
- When you make purchases using an Apple Card, you can get Daily Cash rewards, which are then transferred to another virtual card in the iPhone’s Wallet app called Apple Cash. You can use the funds on the Apple Cash card just like any other credit card in your Apple wallet.
- If a physical retail store has Apple pay, you can just hold your phone near the payment terminal, double-press the side button, and authenticate the purchase with the same method you use to unlock your phone (Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode). This is really simple and quick compared to making a transaction with a physical card.
- One thing to keep in note is that the Apple card doesn’t have any fees. It has no annual, over-the-limit, foriegn-transaction, or late fees. This can be helpful, as it allows for it to be easier to pay your balance and not have to worry about additional fees.
- There are numerous cash back options available with the Card:
- As it is a card made by Apple, you get some perks when making purchases from the company using the card. You get 3% back on everything that you buy from Apple.
- You can get 2% back every time you buy something using Apple Pay.
- You get 1% of all other purchases back in the form of Daily Cash.
Do you want to market your business in a way that brings enthusiasm and eagerness from your consumers? Well, at Brandarrow Agency, we make sure that your brand or business grows to its most potential through marketing strategies that have proven to show exceptional results. At an exceptionally cheap price (as low as $1 a day), we can develop your brand into something that you can be confident about. You can cancel anytime without any hidden fees or contract obligations. Your journey to success is our journey to success! No more logins, caption copies, tags, etc. Contact us today for a free consultation by hitting the button below!